The Bloomberg American Health Initiative
The Bloomberg American Health Initiative works to tackle some of the most pressing challenges to public health in the United States: Addiction and Overdose, Adolescent Health, Environmental Challenges, Food Systems for Health, and Violence. The Initiative also has set out to train a new generation of leaders committed to improving health in America.
To apply for the Bloomberg Fellows Program, applicants must complete the two-part application process:
Part 1: Applicants must apply to either the MPH or the DrPH program through the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) including all supplemental materials (transcripts, test scores, and recommendation letters) to SOPHAS by December 1, 2023.
Part 2: Applicants must submit the Applicant Form and their organization must submit the Collaborating Organization Form through Submittable by December 1, 2023.
Important Application Submission Information:
- Applicants must create a Submittable account to submit their fellowship application.
- Email application submissions and late submissions will not be accepted. There is no grace period for fellowship applicants.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit ahead of the deadline to avoid last minute online submission problems.
- After successful application submission, applicants will receive an automated confirmation message.
- The Bloomberg Fellows Program can only review and consider an application for either the MPH or the DrPh program, not both in a given application cycle.
- All fellowship applicants must first be admitted to the Bloomberg School of Public Health in order to be considered for the Bloomberg Fellows Program; these are separate processes.
- Applicants who are admitted to the MPH program and offered the fellowship must complete all necessary prerequisites prior to starting the program in June 2024. Please note, prerequisites are not covered by the fellowship. Applicants should select either part-time or full-time enrollment for the MPH program, not both.
- The Bloomberg Fellows application deadline is 11:59 PM EST on December 1, 2023. The application submission will automatically close at 12:00 AM EST on Dec. 2, 2023.
The Bloomberg Fellows Program and Scholarship is structured as a grant that converts to a loan, with the interest rate consistent with the Federal Direct Unsubsidized loan program, if the terms are not met. Bloomberg Fellows will sign an Agreement that sets out the repayment terms and conditions that become effective if the grant converts to a loan. Applicants will be asked to sign this agreement after both admission to the MPH or DrPH program and selection for the Bloomberg Fellows Program.
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health has a long-standing commitment to recruiting, promoting and supporting a diverse student body. The School works diligently to promote a supportive environment that embraces the diverse cultures of our community. The School is also seeking diversity among collaborating organizations, including organizations that employ few individuals with formal public health training.
For more information or questions about the fellowship application, please email Faria Zaman, Fellowship Officer at email@example.com.
For technical questions or challenges, see the Submitter Resource Center or contact Submittable Customer Support.